Welcome to Flocabulary! This guide covers the following:
- Setting up your manager account
- Inviting teachers to sign up
- Resources for teachers to create classrooms and students to join Flocab
If this is your first time at Flocabulary.com, we recommend that you start by watching our overview video at www.flocabulary.com/how-to-use/ and then return to get started.
1. Set up your Flocabulary manager account
Once we process your payment, we'll set up your school or district subscription. You'll receive an email from Flocabulary with instructions for setting up your personal account as a manager. Follow these instructions.
2. Invite Teachers
Invite teachers to sign up for Flocabulary. Once you have set up your account and logged in, go to the My School section (find it by clicking your name in the upper right corner).
Click on your school. You should see the “Invite Teachers” tab. You can choose between 3 options:
- Type in your teachers’ email addresses or your listserv
- Select Gmail or Office 365 to pull in your contacts
- Copy your activation link and email it to teachers on your own
3. Monitor Teacher Adoption and Student, Classroom Creation
You can monitor teacher sign-up in the Manage Teachers tab. Here you can add other teachers as managers or remove them from the subscription. You can also see your student roster by clicking Students, view Classes created, and also create an LTI integration with your LMS, if you’d like.
4. Class and Student Set Up
With a schoolwide subscription, you can get all your students using Flocabulary as well. Instruct teachers to set up classes and have students create accounts (and refer them to the Teacher Quick Start Guide). If you are a teacher, you can also follow these instructions to set up your classes.
Students only need one account and can be enrolled in multiple classes. Note: if you set up an LTI integration with your LMS, students do not need to create accounts. They can then simply join your teachers’ classes via a class code.