The Flocabulary and Clever partnership provides schools and districts with an easy and secure way to roster and sign-in to Flocabulary.com, saving teachers valuable instructional time. Half of U.S. K-12 schools trust Clever to connect and manage data across learning applications. Clever is Flocabulary’s preferred rostering and SSO partner.
With this partnership, administrators and teachers can expect:
- Easy, secure rostering: connect the Flocabulary app to your school or district’s Clever Portal to generate staff and student accounts–no class codes or email signup required
- Single Sign-On: staff and students can access Flocabulary through their Clever portal–no need to remember a separate username or password
- App management: as a Clever partner, Flocabulary joins a community of learning apps streamlining how students and teachers access digital tools through the Clever Portal
We offer both teacher and student rostering through Clever. To initiate this process, please reach out to your district Clever admin to complete the following:
Please let Flocabulary Support know when those two steps are completed so we can set up the sync and notify you upon completion.
If you have additional questions, please contact us.
Clever and Google Classroom Considerations
- Clever and Google Classroom classes will not "match", and importing from Google Classroom will create an additional, separate set of classes for the teacher.
- Clever classes cannot be archived, they will be replaced with a Clever sync.
- Only Google Classroom classes can be used to share assignments to Google Classroom.
- The Clever sync removes any users that are not on a school roster in Clever from the sync each night. This means Google Classroom classes imported contain student accounts that are different than those shared via Clever (if the emails are the same for Clever and Google Classroom, there won't be an issue).
- Tips for using Clever and Google Classroom Together
- Name Google Classroom classes differently than those in Clever to make it easier to select when creating assignments.
- Make sure that the students emails and rosters being used in Classroom are the same as those in Clever
- Google Classroom classes will have a "Sync Roster" button on them in the class list in Flocabulary, which is an indication that they come from Google Classroom.
- Flocabulary can still be used with Google Classroom even if the teacher does not import their classes from Classroom and utilize the direct "share to Classroom" integration for assignments!
Learn more about our Google Classroom and Flocabulary Integration here!