Getting Started: Student Guide
Welcome to your Flocabulary subscription! This guide will help you get up and running in a few minutes.
We'll tell you everything you need to know to:
- Sign up or join a new class
- Find your way around the website.
- Complete your assignments
If this your first time at Flocabulary.com, we recommend that you start by watching our overview video at flocabulary.com/how-it-works, and then return to get started.
Sign Up or Join a New Class
- To create your Flocabulary account, you need to get a class code from your teacher. It is 6 digits long.
- Once you have the class code, visit flocabulary.com/join-class or just click Join a Class on the top of the website. You'll be taken to a page that looks like this.
- Enter your class code. Next, you have two options:
- If you've NEVER made a Flocabulary account before, click "I'm new to Flocabulary." This will let you make a new account in Step 3.
- If you've EVER joined a class before (this means you've seen this page before), select "I already have a Flocabulary account." If you pick this, in Step 3 you will just enter your username and password from the last time you signed up for a class.
You're in! If you have more than one teacher using Flocabulary, you'll need to fill out this form for EACH class. Remember: You only need one username for Flocabulary.com and you can use it to join all your classes.
Now that you have your account, you log in to Flocab on any device by visiting Flocabulary.com and clicking "Log In" in the top right corner of the page.
Find Your Way Around the Website
Now that you have a Flocabulary account, you can watch any video you'd like on any device at any time. Find videos you're interested in by:
- Clicking on a Subject
- Selecting a Topic
- Selecting a Video
- Hitting play!
You can also search for a video on the top of the page.
Complete Your Assignments
- You'll know you have an assignment when you see a number next to Assignments at the top of the page. (You have to be logged in to see this.)
- Click on Assignments, and then click on your assignment in the list of "To Dos"
- From here, you will see all of the activities you’ve been assigned, and the order in which you should complete them. Click “Start” to get working! (There will also be a due date attached to each assignment, if your teacher chooses to make one.)
- You can leave assignments you’re working on, and come back to them later by clicking on your “To Do” list and clicking “Continue.”
- You can review all your old assignment by clicking on Done in the My Assignments section.
Have fun learning,
and enjoy Flocabulary!