The Flocabulary subscription manager at a school is the person managing the Flocabulary implementation. The manager plays an important role in a successful Flocabulary implementation, as they are responsible for disseminating information about how to sign up and get started, monitoring adoption in the school and removing inactive users in order to keep users lists up-to-date.
Note: There can be more than one manager at a school.
This article includes the following tasks related to Manager privileges:
- Add or remove manager privileges
- View classes and class rosters at the school
- Invite new teachers to sign up
- Remove teachers
- Manage student accounts
All of the manager tools are accessible in the My School section. You can find this by clicking your name in the upper right.
If you manage more than one school, you'll see the schools listed here in this section, and you can click on any school to get into that school's specific management view.
Add or remove manager privileges
1. Click on " My School".
2. Select the school you want to manage (if you manage more than one).
3. Click on the "Manage Teachers" tab.
4. You will see a list of teachers, if you want to make them a manager you can click the checkbox under the "manager" tab. If you want to remove them as a manager, uncheck the box.
5. If you add or remove someone as a manager, there will be a pop-up asking you to confirm either "removing manager status" or "make manager".
View classes and class rosters at the school
1. From the "My School" tab, click on the "Classes" tab.
2. From here you'll be able to see the classes, the teacher, how many students, and the class code.
3. If you want to view the class and the roster you can click on the name of the class. From here you'll see all the students in the class, their first and last name and username.
4. It will automatically show active classes but if you want to see archived classes, simply click the archived tab at the top.
Invite new teachers to sign up
1. From the "My School" tab, click on the "Invite Teachers" tab.
2. You can choose to invite teachers from Google or Office 365, enter email addresses manually or you can copy the activation link and send that to the teachers you want to invite!
1. From the "My School" tab, click on the "Manage Teachers" tab.
2. Hover over the teacher name and a red square will show up on the right hand side.
3. Click on the red square to remove the teacher from your account.
4. A pop-up will come up that will ask you if you do want to remove the teacher. If you do, click " remove teacher". If this was an error, click "cancel".
Manage student accounts
1. From the "My School" tab, click on the "Students" tab.
2. Hover over the name of the student and you'll see a pencil and red square on the right-hand side.
3. To edit student information click on the pencil. If the user is not managed by an SSO (ie: they log in using Google or Office 365 SSO), you can change:
- First and Last Name
4. If you want to remove the student, click on the red square once you hover over the student. There will be a pop up to ask you if you are sure you want to delete the student. If you do, simply click "delete student" and if you don't, click "cancel".
Note: You can click the magnifying glass on the right-hand side to search specific students.