What is a class?
At schools with schoolwide licenses to Flocabulary, classes allow teachers to organize their lesson plans and invite students to complete assignments online. Teachers then have the ability to track students’ individual results in order to gain insight into student comprehension.
If you would like to learn more about how to use Clever for student rostering, please refer to our guide here.
To create a class:
1. Log into your teacher Flocabulary account and navigate to the My Classes page by clicking the tab in the header, or by clicking “Add a class” directly from the My Classes panel on the Flocabulary.com homepage.
2. Choose to Create a class or Import a class. If you’d like to learn more about rostering with Google Classroom, follow the guide here.
3. Give the class a name, grade level, and subject. Remember, students will see the class name when they sign up.
- You can also enable the Immersive Reader tool for your class (Click Here for more information on this feature).
- If you select a grade below 6th, you’ll also be able to enable the Elementary Filter (Click Here for more information on this feature).
- If you are registered at more than one school, you can also select which school this class belongs to.
- Click Create a New Class to complete the step.
4. You’ve finished creating your class! If at any time you misplace your class code or would like to invite students by email, you can find all information necessary to do so in the Manage Class tab. For more detailed information on how students sign up and join classes, follow our guide here.
5. Now you're ready to explore the lesson sequence and create assignments! Learn more here.
For more information on how students can join your class, please use our student guide here.